Ok, so let's be real... If you've ever heard someone say that bridal shows and wedding shows are terrible, well, that's probably true (sometimes)...AND if you've ever heard someone say that these shows are an absolute BLAST, well, I can vouch for this one, and say that it's totally true too! So how do you get the most out of these bridal shows and actually HAVE FUN?!
LET'S GET RIGHT TO IT! - PLEASE TAKE NOTE!
These 5 Tips will help you properly prepare for your first bridal show...and who knows, you might even have a little fun!
1) CREATE A WEDDING E-MAIL ADDRESS: Anything and everything wedding related should go here! The amount of e-mails you are going to get while planning your wedding is going to add up. Trust me, you'll thank me later!
2) DO YOUR RESEARCH: Look up past bridal shows and look at their reviews. Once you find a show(s) you like, RSVP or Pre-Register online (add your guests too). Doing this gives the bridal show host an accurate head count so they can properly prepare the amount of door prizes, swag bags, cake for tastings, other samples, etc. for all of the attending guests.
3) BRING A FRIEND OR TWO, BUT DON'T BRING THE WHOLE CREW:
Turn this vendor hunt into a fun "shopping" experience! Bring your fiance or even a friend or two, but don't bring your whole entourage. The last thing you need to do is run a search party if they go missing. Keep it simple and keep your goal in mind:
4) WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES: Please do not forget to do this! You're going to be walking (or dancing) down aisles and aisles of vendors, meeting and greeting, taking notes, taking pictures, standing in lines to sample cake, sip some bubbly, enter contests and giveaways, and you might even double back and revisit some of the vendors you're interested in hiring...My point is that you're going to be up on your two feet the entire time, for possibly hours. So spare yourself the pain and GO COMFY! Your feet will thank you and so will your fiance!
5) PRINT THOSE LABELS: When I tell you that this will probably be one of the biggest make-or-breaks, on whether you enjoy or dread these shows, I am not kidding...
The entire reason for you to go to a bridal show is to collect information and contacts. You're doing your wedding research. You're meeting and greeting vendors and finding out what services they offer. You might even fall in love with a vendor or two (hopefully more) and book that day (ask if there's a discount for booking on the spot).
During this process, those vendors are going to need your contact information as well, so they can follow up with you after the show. So rather than writing down your information a million times, you'll have those trusty, little labels to stick on to contact sheets, and even contests and giveaways, saving both your hands and your sanity. PRINT THOSE LABELS!!!
"Ok, so what do i put on these labels?" Oh! I'm glad you asked!
Couple's First and Last names
Wedding Venue and Address (if it's booked)
In closing, I hope these 5 Tips to Getting the Most out of Your First Bridal Show, prove to be helpful, less stressful and mostly fun! SO GET TO IT and GOOD LUCK!
Oh! And don't forget to check the show's schedule for the wedding fashion show! It's always a lot of fun watching dresses and tuxes walk down the aisle. Happy Planning!